Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pick a Reason

You may or may not be a fan of February 14th, and you probably have your own reasons to justify your opinion. I am a hesitant fan because I think the day gives people an excuse to celebrate something they care about. Of course, that celebration should continue throughout every day of the year, but you know, Valentines Day actually forces you to make a small effort. (And yes, it's become a little over the top nowadays). So if you don't like giving in on the 'ol V-Day, find another time that isn't so commercialized, like say, this Friday night, make a little mix with these (some classic, some off-the-beaten-path) tunes, and celebrate something great.


"The Way You Look Tonight"- Tony Bennett

"Such Great Heights"- Iron and Wine


"The Luckiest"- Ben Folds


"Home"- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros


"Happy Together" - The Turtles


"That's Where I'll Be"- Little Big Town



"Unforgettable" - Nat King Cole/Natalie Cole



"Something" - The Beatles



"Ain't No Mountain High Enough" - Marvin Gaye/Tammi Terrell



"The Nearness of You" - Norah Jones



"All of My Days" - Alexi Murdoch



"Fade Into You" - Mazzy Star






If I made a list of the top 200 love songs of all time, I still don't think that would cover all of them. But I'd like to hear some of your favorites that you have my permission to add to this mix for your Friday night, or whenever-night!



Much love,



Genevieve







3 comments:

  1. How about a little "love is the end" by keane : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just Breathe- Pearl Jam

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The Luckiest" is mine and my exes song - possibly best love song ever.

    Mine and Amber's (current gf's) song though, is even better: "Take Care" by Beach House. :)

    Love, WW

    ReplyDelete