Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Three's a Crowd

Duets: Sometimes it's nice to hear a little change in a song, to feel the balance gently shift from one person to another. It's a dance between vocals, a sonic friendship that somehow seems to make the message stronger because there's more than one singing to you. They give you more to listen to, more to sink your teeth into.

They also force you to choose between singing along to the melody or the harmony, which then forces the passenger in your car to also choose a part to sing with, which OMG then creates a duet of your own and thus!!! is the circle of life.

Here's some good sing-alongs that make hearts melt:








And here's a fun one...

"You Are my Sunshine" sung by Phil Beaudreau and Genevieve


What's a duet you love to sing to?

Much love,

Genevieve

10 comments:

  1. I love that you and Phil sang you are my sunshine! I used to sing that to my horse all the time right before a show when I was nervous. Sometimes I sing it to Adie too. Although I don't think I ever actually listened to the whole song, I always just sang the chorus over and over.... anyway you guys are adorable. You have to put more of you singing up! - Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and Phil!! That song takes me home. Ive always enjoyed Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow "the picture" too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Cruisin' Together" is such a guilty pleasure... Hahahaha! That song is great. What can I say? I love Huey Lewis.

    I also really like this old country/pop duet by Ernie Ford and Kay Starr, I'll Never Be Free:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TDG4YE/ref=dm_mu_dp_trk7

    Can't remember the first place I ever heard it... just kinda stuck with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any Backstreet Boys song. For example, in the song "I want it that way", during the part where it goes:
    "Now I can see that we're falling apart from the way that it used to be. Yeah. NO MATTER THE DISTANCE, I WANT YOU DO KNOW THAT DEEP DOWN INSIDE OF ME. You are my fire."

    It is just so powerful with both Nick and Kevin singing the duet. What a haunting performance.

    -Big $$$ Roman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely some good harmonies there. haunting really :)

      Delete
  5. Brian and I LOVE to sing "Jackson" together!! Although, some parts are a little hard to get on tune. We've been working for a while to make it our Karaoke song. Love the duet with you and Phil - so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the main song from "Once". Party due to the song itself and partly due to the scene that the song is first played in the movie. Making music . . . that's where its at.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So it may be kind of cheesy, but I think "Let's Make Love" by Faith Hill and Tim McGraw is one of my favorite duets, I think it's such a beautiful song :) Love the duet with you and phil!
    -Christina

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG OMG OMG freaking out over this duet with you and Phil. WOW! The harmony between you two is ridiculous. Totally hearing the love.

    ReplyDelete