Monday, March 12, 2012

For The Ladies!!!

Here's my disclaimer: when it comes to things like getting my nails and hair done, wearing lots of jewelry and makeup, high heels, the color pink, wearing perfume and glittery lotion, noticing fashion labels, brunch, words like bronzer and shading, or taking baths...these aren't typically things I'm drawn to or think about day to day. I realize in general I'm a minimalist. I even feel a little insecure just putting on a cute outfit and making myself up for a night out. (Partly because I know nothing about how to do my makeup so it looks natural yet noticeable, and partly because, well that's just too much to think about for me!)

I know some of you think I am coo-coo, and some of you are nodding and agreeing with me.

Having said all of this, there are certain songs that really get me excited to girlie it out! When some fun female company happens to be available, and an occasion arises, I pump up these tunes to help get me out of my own head, to start thinking less about how tall I might be in these high heels, and more about what color eyeliner will look the best. And all that I listed above suddenly become the greatest things EVER!

Here are some of the funnest lady songs!!

"You're The One That I Want" - from the musical Grease

Don't you just want to grab a bottle of nail polish now?! Got any songs you like to dance to in your living room when no one else is looking?

Don't worry men, you'll be next week.

Much love,

Genevieve

7 comments:

  1. "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston, from my childhood days until now, I can't listen to this song without dancing, many memories of my mom and I dancing around the room while this song was blasting on the record player!

    -Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha, I think I might be rubbing off on you! LOVE this post ;) xoxo and lost of pink, girly, nail polished, cupcakey hugs :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG no Madonna? What?! At a minimum, that list needs Like a Virgin and Express Yourself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i thought about adding her but for no reason i can think of, i didn't. you're right, those are some pretty fun girlie songs :)

      Delete