Monday, January 2, 2012

Entering 2012!

Looking back on my previous blog I realize I haven't written anything in almost 3 years. I think my New Years Resolution (though I hate new years resolutions) will be to write more blogs.

Since 2009 a lot has happened and life has gotten more complicated, both for the good and the bad. My band has since broken up, I got married, and I, 3 years from my first post, am still in the same dilemma I was in back in 2009: making music in Los Angeles and always missing living in Colorado. Living in Los Angeles has its perks, and I've found myself noticing them more often in the past year than in all 6.5 years of living in this strange city. Some of these perks may not be understood unless one lives here but I've got a short list of things:
1. the most obvious- the beaches
2. being able to find a grocery store within one or 2 miles from wherever I am
3. Disneyland and Universal Studios are both close by
4. the people in the industry live here, so there's always the possibility of working with them
5. lots of studio lots are also here, which creates random work for someone like me i.e. CBS Studios, Paramount Studios, Warner Brothers Studios, Sony Studios, etc.
6. delicious Mexican food from those amazing little food trucks.
7. even though there's no Rockies, finding a place to ski that isn't too far away is never difficult

Here's some things the city could improve upon (to name a few):
1. get some restaurants that know how to make pizza! And I mean GOOD pizza, like East Coast-style pizza
2. get some restaurants that know how to make SANDWICHES!! just good old fashioned delicious sandwiches. if they do exist here, there are not nearly enough
3. why is there no: Egg & I, Sonic, Dunkin Doughnuts and Famous Footwear (to name a few) in this place?
4. why is it $15.00 to order a salad in this town? Ridiculous.
5. I'll throw in the horrendous traffic problem, that's a given
6. and lastly, everyone just needs to slow the hell down. On the roads, everyone is in a hurry which makes me feel like I'm always in a hurry, which means I'm going to eventually have a heart attack at the age of 35. I shouldn't feel like I might die every single time I get behind the wheel of my car!!

From here on in I'm going to start blogging about things that will make you think and things that I encourage you to state your opinion on. Coming up....a blog about some awesome music!!

Much love,
Genevieve

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this... Valencia can take care of 1-4 on your second list but 5 & 6 still exist once you leave it, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete