Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What Ever Happened to...

The musical trends have obviously changed over the years. It seems like each decade has a certain vibe or feel...whatever was new at the time, either electronically, sonically, or even visually. The way in which the radio plays songs has stayed pretty consistent...the stations slash the companies that own them, choose a select few big names, names that are hot at the moment, and play their singles into the ground. As of right now, those names would arguably be the likes of Bruno Mars, Adele, Rihana, Lady Gaga, Coldplay, and Katy Perry, etc. Wanting to change the station each time they come on is nothing new (and it's not necessarily because I don't like these artists/bands, in fact I like some of them very much), but I've found myself missing some of the very songs that used to be played incessantly, from just a few years ago it seems. Sigh, remember these? What ever happened to:

"No Diggity"- BLACKstreet featuring Dr. Dre
"Creep"- TLC
"Fantasy"- Mariah Carey
"This is How We Do it"- Montell Jordan
"I'll Make Love to You"- Boys 2 Men
"Survivor"- Destiny's Child
"A Thousand Miles"- Vanessa Carlton
"Hunter" - Dido
"Macarena" - Los del Río
"Kiss From A Rose" - Seal
"Don't Speak" - No Doubt
"Everyday Is A Winding Road" - Sheryl Crow
"All for Love"- Brian Adams
"I Want You"- Savage Garden
"How Bizarre"- OMC
"Your Woman"- White Town
"BitterSweet Symphony"- The Verve
"I Want it That Way"- Backstreet Boys
"Killing Me Softly With His Song"- The Fugees
"Bitch"- Meredith Brooks
"Gettin' Jiggy Wit It"- Will Smith
"The Way"- Fastball
"One of Us" Joan Osborne

Any songs you miss hearing?

Much love,
Genevieve

5 comments:

  1. Love this..."Torn" Natalie Imbruglia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was raised on that Fugees album.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you know what my '90s nostalgia playlist looks like?

    ReplyDelete
  4. niiice. I heard "Shoop" by Salt n Peppa the other day at a bar. It was epic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent list! If I can be so bold, I'll add a second Boyz II Men song: Motownphilly. Used to love that one.

    ReplyDelete