Thursday, January 26, 2012

Time for the Yummies

For the last two weeks it's been about one of my great loves, working out, and this week it's about another great love: FOOD. And unlike my obsession with getting good and sweaty, I am fully confident that every single person alive likes food. Can't really be alive without it. So don't try to quietly back out of the room without being noticed, and attempt to convince me that food isn't really a big deal to you...no one can hide from this one.

I figure now is a good a time to dive into this pool since Valentines Day is approaching and since some of you might be scratching your head wondering what to cook for the occasion. I was fortunate enough to grow up in a house with a mother who is practically a chef, and whose culinary talents never cease to astound me. Though I will never come close to her capabilities, I do take a lot of pride in my slowly-expanding library of recipes I've been able to conquer. Since in my house I am usually the one cooking, and I am frequently left with the question of "what should I cook tonight," AND I have a somewhat sophisticated palate, I therefore have a handful of very helpful, insightful, and creative websites that 100% of the time, have the answer.

Oh, oh but that's not all. What about the dessert?? Arguably the most important part of any meal. Actually some of my favorite dinner food sites also have some incredible sweets ideas that always fulfill that certain craving.

I give you my word that the effort it takes you to click these links will be well worth it. Also, screw Valentines Day, use these for any night of the year!

Here are some of my absolute favorite food sites:

1. tablespoon.com (and I thought I was creative!)

2. hungrygirl.com (For super healthy food)

3. chef-in-training.com (a chef's blog, always new ideas)

4. foodnetwork.com (If you like Bobby Flay or shows like "Chopped" and "Iron Chef"... )

5. halfbaked.co (These goodies can be shipped to you! They're delicious, and half the fat!)

6. bettycrocker.com (the momma bear site for pretty much anything)

7. wholefoodsmarket.com (believe it or not...some good ideas here!)


Any sites you love to use for your culinary insatiables?

Much love,
Genevieve

5 comments:

  1. Too bad your mom doesn't have a website with all her recipes. That would be the best . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. ccol, thanks for the websites - I'll be sure to check them out

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! You are too friggin' sweet :) Made my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your site and baking abilities definitely needed to be recognized here!!

      Delete